Apparently Easter is the perfect holiday to text someone you used to date and ask to take them out to drinks. Especially when you know she goes to church so during Easter Sunday church is the best time to text her. What's even better is that the first time you dated you never asked her to go get drinks, you always asked her to come to your house where you would be wearing sweats and she would just sit and be bored while you watched hockey on tv. This is also super special because when the "dating" ended before, you flipped out and made this girl cry outside of Hot Shots where she was actually having drinks and having a good time since she hadn't done that in awhile.
Yes, my lovely readers, this is my life!!! Crazy right?
But this seems to be the new thing that a bunch of my single friends have told me about. It's not exactly the same as my situation, but similar. I just don't understand how anyone can think the best way to ask someone out or get someone's attention is to text "Hi" or "Happy Easter! We should get drinks sometime!" And after months of not talking when things ended on not good terms. I just don't get it.
I'm not saying this is all guys and I'm going to assume that there are girls out there who do the same thing. I just wish that we all relied a little less on communicating through text and more on actual conversation, either on the phone or in person. Things get lost in translation and don't mean as much when they're texted to you. You can't tell sarcasm from serious. You can't tell a joke from an insult. And you also can't tell if someone genuinely wants to spend some quality time with you or they're just feeling lonely and bored.
I'm convinced I'll know when I've met the right guy because he'll actually want to talk to me.
Dating is hard already but I think texting has made it even harder.
Signed: I titled this Rant #1 because I'm sure there will be more when it comes to dating... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment